Qualcomm announce Snapdragon 855 processor to support 5G phones
Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 855 processor to support 5G phones, Quick Facts
- Qualcomm’s new processor for mobile phones was announced at its Snapdragon Technology Summit in Hawaii.
- The chip will mostly be used in most of the first wave of 5G phones.
- The chip will support “multi-gigabit” download speeds on 5G networks.
- The expectation is chip will also offer improved gaming and augmented reality experiences.
- This week expectation is Verizon and AT&T will present working 5G phones and hotspots based on Qualcomm’s chips, including the existing X50 LTE modem and likely this new Snapdragon 855 chip.
- As per Qualcomm chip will provide
“up to three times the AI performance compared to the previous generation mobile platform,”.
“It will recognize who and what you’re capturing,” says Qualcomm Snapdragon boss Alex Katouzian.